To build the framework of an #OMN site there are – 5 functions #5f
The network is made of pipes and holding tanks with different end connectors. The idea is that every part, in abstract, is understandable by a normaliseish human being.
* link/subscribe to a flow – plumb a pipe in, on, the end/beginning of the pipe can be other functions
* trust/moderate flow – through flow or to the holding tank then though a sieve to shift the flow to different pipes.
* rollback – empty, remove that content to a point in the flow or remove objects from the flow.
* edit matadata – add to the trailing tail of the data object, this will change how data is sieved and is the main function in aggregation news.
* publish content – add an object to the flow (you can maybe edit this object or not)
The is then the storage tank which is a database.
That’s it the rest is UX and UI think of it as macaron for news publishing.
TAKENOTE: the is nothing original in this, its how our plumbing, our electrical grids and even the neurons in our brains work and fits into the #nothingnew that is a core of this project.
Looking at this very simply they are two pools of data – trusted and moderated
– the trusted data is displayed on the site and flows out from the site as feeds.
– the moderated is displayed on a back end moderation/draft feed the mods of the site get to decide what to do with this content, to add it to trusted, to leave in draft/mod for consensus, to remove it.
The content that is trusted is unedited, though the long tail of metadata can be edited and updated by mods.
The site banner and side links are static.
The site display is based on two main flows that are both #activertypub and #RSS.
Newswire and features (and optional individual flows based on user accounts)
* The first main flow, newswire, is made up of a number of sources
– user accounts from this instance (if turned on) based on roles defined by the #5functions.
– boolean logic tag created #activertypub or RSS feed – there should be #5functions on both ends of this flow in the best implementation – we can live with one end. These feeds are added by the mods of the site to allow a local network of publishing sites to be created and nurtured
* The features is a feed for storeys created from the resources published to the newswire, linking back to them. The flow is original content published as a feature by the mod crew based on #5F if its in moderation it is treated as a draft not yet reach consensus if it is trusted it appears on the page and flow feed. This feed is a prime news resource to other newswires of indymedia sites that subscribe to it.