- Portable renewable power technology?
- Review of Goalzero adventure pack - Solar power
- How to solar power your Tablet
- Were do I come from politicly?
- Solar Vagabond - escape the rat race
- Best tent to buy for Vagabonding
- A Year Long Summer
- How to stay for free in a city.
- Solar laptop power
- Bravery - traveling with disability
How to stay for free in a city.
Simferopol', Crimea, Ukraine.
The hostel I was going to stay in near the railway station was not open. so I had an idea, public transport is very cheap around 20p for a tram or bus ride so looking at my offline map I found a forest near a reservoir close to the edge of town. Got the bus there then walked into the forest till I found a nice space hidden away and pitched my tent for a lovely quirt night sleep. Nicer than a hostel, as the isn’t all the other people making noise and snoring to keep you awake.
In the morning after breakfast next to the water I just get the tram back to the station. But this plan isn’t as perfect as it seams as on the way back I get a different bus which takes me to the wrong part of town then cant find anyone who speaks some English to find the right bus to the station. For buses and trams its good to have a phone with GPS and an offline map to make shore you aren’t going in the completely wrong direction.