- Portable renewable power technology?
- Review of Goalzero adventure pack - Solar power
- How to solar power your Tablet
- Were do I come from politicly?
- Solar Vagabond - escape the rat race
- Best tent to buy for Vagabonding
- A Year Long Summer
- How to stay for free in a city.
- Solar laptop power
- Bravery - traveling with disability
How to solar power your Tablet
You need a panel with at least 14W to charge a tablet, the are a lot of them out there, but, they get VERY mixed reviews. I have only used larger or smaller panels so can't vouch for any of these so please do some research before buying.
Here are a sample that fit the speck - click on the image for the ebay link for each
The is no guaranty that a naked USB power lead out of a solar panel will charge your device, to increase the chance of this working you need to buy a USB battery with pass-through. This is just an example, check the speck carefully very few USB battery’s do pass-through charging
This setup would work fine for a large smart phone or any USB powered device. Feel free to ask questions in the comments and feedback real life experience here please.