Being a Pirate - the CC'ers life
There are two keys to being a CCer
1) Don’t take the piss
2) Be a pirate
That’s about it, now they can overlap, let's look at examples of both:
Don’t take the piss.
* Move every 14 days, not hard, and if you can't regularly keep to this then you probably aren’t cut out for life of a CCer, time to think about getting a flat or a mooring if you can afford it.
* Clean up after yourself, your mum isn’t in your boat, thank god, not taking the piss comes down to you, so clean it up.
* Noise, you're up for a rave good on you pirate, but don’t take the piss by doing it in the middle of built up suburbia near lots of moored up boats who aren’t invited.
* Help your mates, the pirate code is mates rates.
* Don’t be a boss with a machete, a can of special brew, it's not friendly it's not wise.
* Am not sure were this goes "Don't tell me how to live my life."
Be a pirate.
* Fuck the system, fuck the bureaucracy, fuck the police, though sometimes smiles and giles are the pirate way, good to keep balancing this.
* We all love pirate moorings, make good use of them and spread the word of mouth.
* Invite all your neighbours to parties, we all love parties.
* Build you boat under a bridge, it's what they are for
* Pirates are horizontal, the captain gets voted in, remember this.
There are more but that’s enough to get on with.
* Renting you boat out is a fine balance between being a pirate and taking the piss. Going away for 6 months to India, sure be a pirate and rent it out. Have a huge brodbeam or a flotilla of 3 boats permanently rented on the open tow-path/wintermooring is taking the piss. The open tow-path is a commons that belongs to us all, don’t enclose it for private gain.
* Bridge hopping in a popular spot, if you need to for a while no problem, be a pirate. If you do this all year you are taking the piss and endangering all our lifestyles by pushing the enforcement agenda.
*Yarr! Be a pirate-recycle wood for fuel. Don't take the piss by burning it in front of people's homes.
* and a few more to come....