The Open Media Network is a trust based, human moderated, #4opens project that builds a database shared across many peers. The project is more important for what it DOES NOT DO, than what it does do. It uses technology to build human networks.
There are ONLY 5 main functions:
* Publish (object to a stream of objects) – to publish a story.
* Subscribe (to stream of objects) – to a person or organization, a page, a group, a subject etc.
* Moderate (stream or object) – you can say I like/not like (push/pull or yes/no) this etc.
* Rollback (stream) – you can remove from your flow untrusted historical content by publishing flow/source.
* Edit (meta data of object/stream) – you can edit the metadata in any site/instance/app you have a login on.
– The folksonamy tag meta date creates the streams/feeds of objects
This is the back-end of the project to build a DIY trust based grassroots semantic web. The front-end can be anything you like, for example it can be regional/city/subject based indymedia sites.
The data cauldron and the golden ladle – Working docs https://github.com/Openmedianetwork/OMN/wiki