is a human moderated discovery engine. If we decentralise this anufe then it should scale. Feeds (RSS) are used as a database metadata (and data backup/redundancy) exchange format. They are rated as well as media items, sources (websites, people) are also rated.
Spam is defeated by trust. It has to have a trusted way into the network.
Scaling is specializing aggregation.
By using a frountpage sidebar and subject pages every site becomes an aggregater of its subject. That is sites are both production AND distribution channales.
Why should people get involved?
* We need a FB app and twitter integration
* Being an influencer
* Having a voice
*Publish ones – appear many times
* Escape from the limits of facebook page algorithms.
For the project to work we have to encourage people to return to there blogs and websites as aposed to facebook.
- is this possible?
* why not just use FB as everyone is already on it?
* why use old tools like forums and wikies, blogs etc when the are much better dotcom tools available for free?
* why trust you guys?
* “this” project s better – I have a better idea/way of doing this.
Working examples of the network
* The newsflash! Is a perfect example of a OMN project that is resent. (top corner http://visionon.tv)
* The open-worlds site database is another example. (http://openworlds.info )
Both have been static because there value is not understood? Why?