The boaters with out moorings fight for survival
This vibrant and healthy subculture is under considerable threat from gentrification being pushed by the neon-liberal agenda. Boaters with out moorings are largely liberation, which means they are a pushover for sustained bureaucracy, they will fight as individuals and drop away one by one sulking like children or retreating to the drugged periphery to bitch. As long as the change is slow and forcefully they have little power to resist – if the is a big push against them they can combine for a short time and push back as they are competent people, but this will soon falter as they gain ground against the bureaucrats.
How will this community survive the next 5-10 years is a real question that needs answers.
The web as political ideology
- Facebook is capitalism – capturing the commons and shaping it into a delusional tool for private profit.
- Twitter is socialism – making everyone equal but keeping power at the centre and falling for the problem of making some people more equal than others.
- The internet – libertarianism, creating a space for freedom of every action, but built without the tools for the free-market capitalism that often goes with libertarianism.
- The world wide web – anarchism, radically horizontalizing access to knowledge and communication, building a commons for us all.
- Old media – zombies clothed in the rooting flesh of the world of scarcity, gatekeepers holding the world from change by the fear of there stench.
- Dot-com's – parasites that pray on the necessity leavings of the old world, leeches that suck and suck from the vitality of the new.
- Torrents – the greedy happy tool of the hippies, affluence without responsibility.
- Youtube – a prison for our collective visions with no bars on the cell windows.
- Goggle - is Judas – the one who betrayes us all.
- You – what are you in the digital world?