You do all know that posting polatics on #failbook is a pointless circle of nothingness
You do all know that posting polatics on #failbook is a pointless circle of nothingness. Please stop and do something more usefull.
We have a clective Liberal fantasy in the is an idea that #dotcon can be social useful. Its not what the money (billions) was invested in. They "invested" into a silo/portal for capturing data and capturing users. Letting this "value" free is a liberal delusion in the sense it dues not payback for investment. Your talking an act of enlighten philanthropy or old fashioned nationalization to keep the value for the people who created it - the users.
We now have a problem that most of our best alt media producers are children of the #dotcon and have little or no understanding of the #openweb We need to express positive views of value. #linking #4opens etc all very basic stuff and not hard to do. I wont practical open ideas on were to start on this.
Why do I call Facebook a #dotcon
Our current online tools (for example Facebook) were built out from the worst parts of human nature. The challenge facing us is can we build out tools from the best part of human nature (an example would be the OMN) I think this is a nice challenge to have.
Why do I call Facebook a #dotcon
Its interesting to think about what shapes the small part of the social flow you see on #failbook and see how other agenda’s dominate what you see as a personal experience.
1) The financial bottom line of the corporation "Facebook"
2) The ego of the CEO and heads of engineering and marketing at Facebook.
3) The agenda’s of the investors in Facebook – this includes front company’s for the intelligence services of the US and many very rich people.
4) The agenda of the advertisers that pay Facebooks bills. The agenda’s that all the above do not wont to push – this is semantically hidden by "we cant sell adverts next to your content". That is “this is not social engineering”.
5) Anything published outside Facebook silo/portal is pushed down and things published inside Facebooks walls are pushed up. An example of this is that Youtube videos are not always embedded any-more and that #failbook videos are and auto play.
6) The people you friend on Facebook. But this is not unmediated the people who are a better fit to the first 5 points will be pushed more visible than thoughts who do not, who will be pushed down out of view.
7) Your likes and interactions will help the algorithm choice from the "advert friendly content" in your wider feed and push these posts into your news feed.
8) Facebook is clever evil, the algorithm is elastic, you can push it and it will bend. Of course evil cleaver wants you to do this because it learns how you push and how to push you back to shape the above first 5 points.
9) Clever Evil 2 that Facebook will also push though content that it cannot necessary monetize but has the intent to addict you to taking the phone out of your pocket to check every spare moment.
10) Its not only about cats and family photos it about reshaping the world so that Trump and Brexet can happen and we are powerless to do anything about this. All we can do is empower the enemy by feeding it knowledge on how to empower Trumps and Brixets. Shake and repeat, shake and repeat, shake and repeat, shake and repeat.