The Federated Web, or #Fediverse, is a decentralized #openweb project that allows people to communicate and share content across different servers.
* Decentralization: In a centralized platform, all data is stored and controlled by a single entity, which can lead to issues such as censorship, data breaches, and loss of control over data. In a half decentralized network like the Fediverse, no single entity controls all the network or the data.
* Privacy: Fediverse platforms generally place a strong emphasis on privacy and security, this is always a white lie, as it’s a #4opens project.
* Freedom of expression: In the Fediverse, there is no centralized authority that can censor content, so people have greater freedom of expression and can express themselves with less fear of censorship.
* Control over data: In the Fediverse, users have some control over their data and can choose to move it from one platform to another if they choose to do so.
* Customization: Fediverse platforms can be customized to suit the needs and preferences of uses, allowing for a more community infrastructure use.