Published Date 6/25/15 2:41 PM
A thinking allowed DRAFT
Was sitting on me boat roof with a bottle of wine talking to me publisher friend about the video activism book, with a refocuses she would be up for helping to publishing it.
From my point of view it need to be based on the complete lack of current grassroots media.
So needs to start by answering what is grass roots media.
* DIY culture, bit of history
* balancing the wider picture, voices balancing, roots, steams and flowers.
* this means majority but not exclusively from the roots to balance traditional and NGO media.
Building networks (ecosystems) – (the flower medow whole)
* the value of the open web (the soil)
* use and abuse the spiders web of corporate “social media” and hosting (the bugs)
* linking and embedding aggregation (openmedia network project) (the growth)
How dose it differ from:
NGO media/Community media
“new media” and “social media”
[we need to briefly slorter each of these]
Then all the video templates and how to’s etc. The body.
Then at the end a chapter on sustainability in the “sharing age”
* monetisation is distributed and DIY (not centralised) sharing gets you distribution its up to you to sought out motorisation if you wont.
Then need a concushern rallying cry that people can/should rebuild a “unbranded” network.
To recap as a old testament biblical epic
Build a alter to the grassroots
Saluter the failings of the past as a blood offerings
Then temple workshops on the “cult” ways
Concluding with a fable on cult responsibility’s
Ending with lift our voices in song to a courus of how the world should be.
The is a possible schizophrenia here were it makes sense to dull the book down to expand the audience to the NGO’s and education as they have the cash – but then the would be little difference to the other 3-4 failed pointless books out their facking and selling out “grassroots media” to “publishers”. That would be both sad and bad outcome.
ie.we need to nurture from were our good come from – thus a rebalenceing of values