Published Date 11/6/12 12:47 AM
This was copied over from the visionontv process page:
This is the process of the visionOntv affinity group so far (an affinity group is a trust network)
At the core of any affinity group is a core/periphery relationship and a usheraly unspoken way of moving between them.
At base, the project is DIY for core crew:
* For simple changes and improvements, just do it. If you think people should know, e-mail them.
* For major changes (e.g. changing key text on the front-page), run it past people first, including those who may disagree.
* There should generally be time to put up everything you can as a draft to the wiki page so others can have input. For really big changes, talk to everyone, and call a meeting if people feel it is needed.
* If someone keeps fucking up and ignoring the process call a meeting.
* When the project has grown start a weekly online meeting for people to update everyone on what they have been up to. And as a way into the affinity group.
Do everything you can in public (ONLY stuff that needs to be is ADMIN only)
If the trust network breaks down, and they do sometimes, then people should do different projects. And by doing well in their project re-build the trust based on common understandings. Trust is built by doing core things that need to be done and lost by talking about doing things or just taking up time and space with no outcome. If anyone is terminally annoying then in the end they will go away – it’s best not to feed the trolls.